Application form for a private hire vehicle licence and guidance on how to complete the form. All drivers of private hire vehicles are required to satisfy that they are fit and proper persons to hold such a licence. The Council is empowered in law to check with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) for the existence and content of any criminal record held in the name of the applicant.
A licence is issued for 12 months and to qualify an applicant must:
- Have held a full driving licence for 12 months prior to the date of application;
- Complete a private hire drivers licence application form;
- Complete a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) application form (if applicable). This is required every 3 years and in the intervening years a self-certification form must be completed declaring that no further convictions have been obtained since the last CRB check;
- Provide a medical certificate (required every 3 years unless otherwise stated) from his/her doctor, certifying that the applicant is fit to drive a private hire vehicle;
- Provide a full current driving licence (both photo card and counterpart);
- Provide 2 x passport size photographs of the applicant;
- Provide a valid Passport (if applicable);
- Provide your Birth Certificate ;
- Provide your Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Provide your National Insurance Number.
Please note that the CRB application forms are only available from the Council Offices.