Cumbria County Council (CCC) gives information on Copeland and the rest of the county's education services. Listed below are links to Cumbria County Council's website, and other sites that parents and carers may find useful.
Cumbria County Council
- Search by area, district and school name to bring up school contact details, maps and links to Ofsted/Department for Education information.
- Look at the Children's Services (formerly education and children's social care) pages.
- Check school term dates for the current year and the next two years.
Other websites you may find useful:
School / childcare information
- The Department for Education (DfE) has information on curriculum requirements for state schools. Academies have different curriculum requirements. If your child attends an academy, you need to speak to them directly if you want to know more.
- You can search childcare and school reports on the Ofsted website.
- Directgov has general information for parents and a specificpre-school section, as well as a section on choosing childcare, including out of school and holiday clubs.
- The DfE website lists school performance tables from 1994 onwards.
- If your child has special educational needs or disabilities, Directgov has lots of relevant information. Cumbria Parent Partnership Service offers independent support, information and advice to parents and carers of children aged 0-19 with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Children and young people can call, email or get support online from Childline's free 24 hour helpline.
- Netmums has a section on preparing for starting school.