All drivers of private hire vehicles are required to satisfy us that they are fit and proper persons to hold such a licence. We have the power in law to check with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) for the existence and content of any criminal record held in your name.
A licence is issued for 12 months and to qualify you must:
- Have held a full driving licence for 12 months prior to the date of application;
- Complete a private hire drivers licence application form;
- Complete a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) application form (if applicable). This is required every 3 years and in the intervening years a self-certification form must be completed declaring that no further convictions have been obtained since the last CRB check;
- Provide a medical certificate (required every 3 years unless otherwise stated) from his/her doctor, certifying that the applicant is fit to drive a private hire vehicle;
- Provide a full current driving licence (both photo card and counterpart);
- Provide 2 x passport size photographs of the applicant;
- Provide a valid Passport (if applicable);
- Provide your Birth Certificate ;
- Provide your Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Provide your National Insurance Number.
Please note that the CRB application forms are only available from our offices.