Visiting Copeland offers something for everyone whether you are coming as a day visitor, spending a week on holiday with us or merely passing through on bike, foot or boat.
The borough provides stunning scenery at every turn. We can cater for all types of visitor - those that are heading off on the Coast to Coast ride for example, or those simply wishing to spend a day exploring the quiet streets and numerous cafes and restaurants of one of our villages.
We invite you to soak up the atmosphere along our beautiful Copeland coastline, take time to explore our countryside and benefit from the shops, museums, theatres and other attractions that make Copeland what it is.
The Luke Johnston Visit Whitehaven site
A popular local listings website with things to do, nightlife etc.
Places to eat
- Places to eat in Cumbria courtesy of Go Lakes
- Hygiene rating information is always a good guide to where to eat / buy food
Places to stay
- Lakestay provides information and advice on accommodation options across the Lake District and Cumbria
Things to see and do:
- Whitehaven Civic Hall
- Whitehaven Sports Centre
- Copeland Bowls and Sport Centre
- Copeland Swimming Pool
- Egremont Swimming Pool
- Get yourself a Beactive card to get money off these sports facilities