Contact us



  1. Hedgerow Regulations

    Find out what constitues a protected hedge and what this means for you.

  2. Contact us

    The Development Control section is  here to help you with planning applications, planning enquiries and enforcement. We cover the whole of Copeland excluding the Lake District National Park. We have split the section into two teams to ensure you get the best possible service. The section is divided into a north and south team as shown on the map below.

  3. Pre application advice

    Advice before making an application

  4. Trees within Conservation Areas

    Are all trees growing within a Conservation Area protected?

  5. High Hedges

     How do you complain about your neighbour's hedges? What is the legislation? Here we give you all the facts and guidance on how to deal with such an issue.

Building control

  1. Building control contacts

    Contact details of how to get in touch with the Copeland Borough Council building control department.

Customer services

  1. Cumbria County Council xmas opening

    Cumbria County Council Christmas opening

  2. Festive arrangements

    Festive arrangements

  3. Millom Council Office

    Location of the Copeland Council office in Millom. There is a car park to the rear of the office.

  4. Contacting the Council

    Details of how to contact us.

  5. Complaints, comments and compliments

    This page tells you how to make a complaint, comment or compliment about the council or its members.

  6. Customer Focus group

    Have your say on a range of council issues by joining our customer focus group.

  7. Customer complaint guide

    Customer complaint guide


  1. Complaints about a Councillor form

    The following document is a form which can be completed when you wish to make a complaint against a Councillor.

Subscribe to Contact us