Guidance when running a small lottery
Guidance to follow if you are planning to run a small lottery.
Premises licences guidance notes
Notes explaining all about premises licences - who needs them, how to get them and the rules governing them.
Notice to vary a licence
The Co-op Egremont has applied for variation to its premises licence to allow it to sell alcohol.
- Where can I find out about alcohol licensing?
Application for premises licence.
In line with other North West Local Authorities, we have prepared sample conditions that may be used in respect of individual premises in order to promote the four licensing objectives. The conditions are of course not appropriate to all premises.
Land charges notice
Notice of our land charges service.
- Where can I read the Licensing Act 2003?
Variation designated premises supervisor
Application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated premises supervisor under the Licensing Act 2003.
Review of a premises licence
Application for review of a premises licence or club premises certificate.
Notice of our personal search service.
- Can I become a taxi driver?
Designated premises supervisor consent
Form for you to complete if you consent to being the specified premises supervisor.
Interim authority notice
Form to use to apply for interim authority to take over a licence. An Interim authority notice (IAN) is relevant following death, mental incapacity, insolvency or dissolution of the premises licence holder. This allows for the premises licence to be reinstated for a maximum of three months to allow time for a transfer application.
- How do I get my vehicle licensed as a taxi?
Minor variation form
Application to make a minor variation to a premises licence.
A minor variation would only be applicable for variations to premises licences or club premises certificates that could have no adverse effect on the promotion of any of the four licensing objectives. These are:
- The prevention of crime and disorder
- Public safety
- The prevention of public nuisance
- The protection of children from harm
Minor variations cannot be used to:
- Extend the period for which the licence or certificate has effect
- Change the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Add the sale/supply of alcohol as a licensable activity
- Allow the sale/supply of alcohol between 23.00 and 07.00
- Allow an increase in the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold/supplied
- Remove a DPS from a church hall or community centre
You will need to apply for a provisional statement if you require confirmation that a premises under construction, or being substantially altered would be granted a premises licence upon completion of the building works
- How do I get a Private Hire Driver's Licence?
Vary premises licence
Form to use if you wish to apply to vary the details of your existing licence. A variation of your premises licence is required if you want to change any aspect of the premises licence such as adding / removing conditions, adding / removing licensable activities, varying the existing hours for permitted licensable activities or varying the premises plans.
Disclosure of convictions
You will need to complete this form as part of your application for a personal licence.
A personal licence must be held by a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) but can also be held by anyone involved in the sale of alcohol by retail. It is not necessary for all staff selling alcohol to have a personal licence.
Please note: You must be 18 years old or over in order to apply for a personal licence.
The following must be submitted to the Licensing Authority:
- Completed application form.
- 2 passport size photographs, one of which must be endorsed on the reverse with a statement verifying the likeness of the photograph to you by a solicitor, notary, a person of standing within the community or any individual with a professional qualification. This person must not be a relative.
- A criminal conviction certificate. The certificate must be less than 1 month old at the time of application.
- Completed 'Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration' form.
- Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holder (NCPLH).
- The current fee of £37.00.
- How do I get my vehicle a private hire licence?
Disclosure of convictions
The form to use to disclose any convictions in relation to an application for a personal licence.
Club premises licence
Form to use to apply for a premises licence.
You will need to apply for a new premises licence if you want to sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or late night refreshment (the supply of hot food or hot drink to the public between 23.00 and 05.00) in England and Wales. Applicants must not be under 18 years old. Regulated entertainment is defined under the Licensing Act 2003 as follows:
- a performance of a play
- an exhibition of a film
- an indoor sporting event
- a boxing or wrestling entertainment
- a performance of live music
- any playing of recorded music
- a performance of dance
- entertainment of a similar description to a performance of live music, any playing of recorded music or a performance of dance
The above is only considered to be regulated entertainment if it takes place in the presence of an audience and is provided for the purpose of entertaining that audience.
Street collection regulations
Summary of the rules regarding street collections.
Details of all the different types of licences we can issue. If you want a specific application form see 'related forms' on the left hand side menu or click on the black and white 'application form' tag at the top of the page. .