Council tax


Council tax

  1. Council tax discount form

    Use this form if you would like to apply for a discount on your council tax. For more information about the various discounts available go to our information page.

  2. Council Tax Band Charges 2016/2017

    Council Tax Band Charges 2016/2017

  3. Council tax charges for empty properties

    There are a number of changes to council tax that came into force on 1 April 2013. Here we explain what has changed and answer some of your questions.

  4. Disabled person Council tax discount

    If you have a disabled person living with you and they have special requirements within the home such as needing to use a wheelchair or your home requires other modifications, then you may qualify for a discount on your council tax bill. Use this form to make an application for such a discount.

  5. Council Tax Band Charges 2017-18

    Council Tax Band Charges 2017-18

  6. Council Tax Online Services

    Here you can find all the links you need to sign-up and manage for council tax online

  7. Council tax discount due to mental illness

    If someone has an enduring mental illness they are not required to pay council tax. Please use this form to claim a discount or exemption on their behalf.

  8. Council Tax leaflet 2017-18

    Council Tax leaflet 2017-18

  9. Landlord change of circumstances form

    If you are a landlord please use this form to inform us of any changes in circumstances affecting tenants in your properties.

  10. I have been left a property, what should I do?
  11. Inform council that business is vacated

    If you have left or sold a property please complete this form and return to the Copeland Centre.


  12. I am on holiday can I still pay my council tax?
  13. Tenant leaving a business property

    If you are a landlord and you have a tenant that leaves a business property, please use this form to notify the council tax department.

  14. What is council tax band B?
  15. Notify council of a change of address

    Use this form to notify us of a change of address if you are the owner or tenant in a property.

  16. Under lease

    If you are a tenant of a building you may lease part of the building to someone else - this would be an under lease.

  17. Claim small business rate relief

    Form to use to claim small business rate relief.

  18. Council tax and non domestic rates

    Information on council tax and non domestic business rates.

  19. Tenants change of circumstances form

    If you are a tenant, please use this form to inform council tax of a change of address.

  20. Small Business Rate Relief

    You may be entitled to a 50% reduction of your Non Domestic Rate charge if your business occupies a Non Domestic Rated property with a Rateable Value of less than than £6,000.

  21. Council tax reduction scheme

    An overview of the new localised council tax scheme introduced in April 2013.

  22. Charitable relief for business rates

    Registered Charities are eligible for relief from the rates on any non-domestic property that is wholly or mainly used for charitable purposes.

  23. How your council tax is spent

    Your council tax bill helps to pay for all the services delivered by Copeland Borough Council, Cumbria County Council, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cumbria and the parish councils. We receive just 11.9% of your council tax. The biggest proportion, 74.9% goes to Cumbria County Council. This leaflet explains how your council tax is spent by each organisation. 

  24. Other relief for business rates

    Your business rates can be reduced if you qualify for Hardship Relief or have a rural business.

  25. Discretionary rate relief

    This is the form you need to complete and return if you would like to apply for discretionary rate relief on non domestic rates.


Subscribe to Council tax