Our new Market Hall offices - What's changed?
Our main reception is in the Market Hall, and we have an appointment system to help you see who you need. There is now no public access to the Copeland Centre, apart from for arranged meetings.
Please see below for more information about the Market Hall, or call us on 019465 98300 if you would like to speak to a customer service officer.
- Apprentice boost for local firms
- US Navy Attaché to visit Beacon Museum
- Former mayor Ossy Coyles memory will be honoured
- New plans for former Kangol factory
South Shore car park closed
The car park at South Shore in Whitehaven is now closed after a request from the police.
- Top marks for Millom eateries
- Action against misuse of recycling service
Millom Park and Millom Cemetery
We plan to buy, from Millom Town Council, some of Millom Park to use as part of our adjacent cemetery.
- Clean-up blitz for Whitehaven town centre
- Poster urges public to help ease seagull nuisance
Useful emergency contact numbers
A list of contact numbers of organisations that can help you in times of an emergency such as flooding.
- New houses earmarked for Whitehaven
- New Market Hall office celebrated in sculpture
2015 Household Flood Payment Scheme Form
2015 Household Flood Payment Scheme (Cumbria) appliocation form
Changes to Flood Resilience Grant Scheme
PLEASE NOTE - This information is subject to change
Some changes have been made to the Flood Resilience Grant scheme (now known as the Property Resilience Grant Scheme), the changes reflect the developing government guidance and information district councils have received from our residents and businesses.
- Copeland Hosts National Nuclear Conference
- Local firms asked to bid for heritage projects
- Copeland Council elects new chairman
- Mayoral Youth Question Time – Have Your Say
Budget unanimously passed
We have now passed our budget for the coming year, 2014/15, with a unanimous vote at a Full Council meeting.
- What makes conservation areas special?
- Celebrating seasonal food
Notices of Election
You can now see the official notices of the upcoming elections.
- Warning letters sent by Council's Enforcement team